Jayce and friends are lured to land on a frozen planet by a giant, root-shaped
marker carved into the ice. There they are trapped in the path of a killer
volcano and have only ten hours to stop the eruption before it destroys both
The Pride and the native population.
- Saw Trooper Commander has his biggest role ever in this episode.
- This episode has one of the smallest amounts of dialogue of all the
- Jayce doesn't use the ring at all in this episode.
- Flying into a trap is Jayce's style.
NEAT STUFF/ANALYSIS/FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
- The snow people are just neat.
- The leader of the snow people sounds like the character "Toadie"
from Disney's "Gummi Bears" show.
- There's a really cool match between animation and music when the
Pride is trying to take off and gets buried in the ice.
- In this episode, the rivalry between Gun Grinner and Terror Tank is
shown loud and clear. They're trying to get one up on each other whenever
we see them.
- Jayce, the League and the Snow People probably still didn't want
to be stuck in the path of the volcano when it blew.... but that
volcano looked a little too wimpy to be a planet destroyer.
- Nitpick: The entire league should have warn some warm clothing when
they went out in the snow and the cold. Not drawing them
in winter-wear is, IMHO, sloppy animation.
- Here's some food for thought--Herc says he's no ditch-digger... but
in the final analysis, it's Jayce who never picks up a
Episode 6 "Fire and Ice":
Teaser -- Notes --
Synopsis -- Neat Stuff/Analysis --
Previous Episode --
Next Episode --
Episode Index --
Main Wheelies Index
(Episode guide page created 10/23/98; last modified 10/25/98)